On a scale of 1 to Cate Blanchett how done are you with the film industry being dominated by men?
Cate Blanchett accepts the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film.
Is it just me or should someone tell Cate Blanchett that humans are supposed to age?
Cate Blanchett attending the Blue Jasmine Luncheon in New York City, October 3, 2013.
"It was only when I realized how actors have the power to move people that I decided to pursue acting as a career."
Cate Blanchett at the Madrid Premiere of Elizabeth: The Golden Age (October 2007)
Cate Blanchett, ladies and gentlemen
- Interviewer: To start off, I did some Internet research. I'm going to tell you what I've learned about your history, and you can tell me what is true and what is not. Okay, so you were born in Mexico and orphaned at age 1.
- Cate: Yes.
- Interviewer: And then again at age 3.
- Cate: Shit. That's on the Internet?
- Interviewer: Eventually, you were raised by either shepherds or Sherpas on Christmas Island-I don't know which one because I think someone misspelled something.
- Cate: And then I was kidnapped and raised by a Mormon family.
- Interviewer: Well, it says here that you slept every night with a baby goat in your arms until you were 22.
- Cate: Twenty-three.
- Interviewer: Then you attended an all-boys school in New Zealand, only to experience the opposite when you were transferred to an all-girls school in Australia.
- Cate: Well, such is the life of a hermaphrodite.
- [http: //www.interviewmagazine.com/film/cate-blanchett/#_]
So when do we get a movie where Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett play a mother and daughter?